Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Katrina Relief

First Katrina
I haven't posted about this tragic event becasue this is really a knitting blog and I don't want to bring too much politics into it. But since the knitters have come together . . . I want to say I finally added my donation to the Give a Little knitter contribution to Katrina relief effort. I think it is neat that there is a tally being kept for the knitter contributions. My friend and I are currently working on a way to donate some handmade blankets to the relief effort. It's hard though since they don't seem to want anything but money. I just heard that some of the refugee's are being sent to the Red Cross in Rockville, MD. I am trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to welcome them and help out.

Kristie over at Breaching the Web has collected some really interesting links to blogs with timelines and quotes about the governments involvement in disaster relief. So sad to see our relief efforts fail so completely.

Ok on to knitting before I start making this a total political rant.

I haven't had much to say lately. I updated my sidebar to include stalled projects. Maybe seeing it there will make me do something about them and finish something. I really tried not to start anything new, but I was upset about something this weekend and either I was going to eat a ton of chocolate to make myself feel better or sublimate with yarn. So, I bought this amazing silk yarn a while ago from Knit Happens. It is La Luz from Fiesta Yarns in the Rainforest colorway. I bought it for use with the Starbust Scarf from Art Yarns. It is this gorgeous 100% silk yummyness.



I like how this is turning out, but the pattern is a real pain. The diamonds are made by turning the work back and forth to work each triangle. So you knit one whole diamond. Then knit the next diamond etc. Not sure if I am making sense, but all that turning gets old fast. Also I cast on too tightly at the begining so it curls at bit at the end. I am not willing to rip it out now so it is just gonna have to stay that way. I still think it is gonna be pretty. I just hope that one skein will be enough to make a decent length scarf. The yarn is wonderful, but certainly not cheap.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous beth said...

your knitting projects all look great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home