Monday, September 12, 2005

I've been tagged

Mel over at Knitting and me tagged me with this:

Ten years ago I was:
I had just graduated from Smith College. I think by this point I had managed to turn my boring summer internship into a 1 year temp position at SmithKline Beecham as an analytical chemist. I was filling out grad school applications and living in North Wales, PA with Kathy and Dana.

Five years ago I was:
I was in grad school (Brown University) and suffering from severe depression. I was a mess and it was a really difficult time for me. I was living on my own in East Providence, RI. This is when I got Kitty who was my anti-depression cat. I love her and she was a big help to me.

One year ago I was:
Hmm. Not much really changed between this year and last. Living alone in Gaithersburg, MD. Working for the Army as a post-doct. I guess this time last year I was just getting really into the MeetinDC thing. I think I am over it now. I haven't even looked at an event posting in ages. It was a lot of fun while I was into it and I did make some great friends.

Five snacks:

  • Anything that comes in chip form
  • Ice cream
  • Nestle treasures
  • Cheese and Crackers
  • Diet Coke

Five songs I know all the words to:

This is tough, I know all the words to a million songs, Many I really wish I could get the brain cells back from but I am going to change this to my favorite / personal theme songs

  • Miami - Counting Crows
  • American Girl - Tom Petty
  • Rockin the Suburbs - Ben Fold's
  • Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel
  • Don't Suppose - Erasure


Five things I would do with $100 million:

This is Hilary's favorite game. We played it all through Shep and Jen's wedding. $100 is great because it is huge money even after taxes.

  • Go to spa (fat farm) for a month and collect thoughts and get in shape
  • Pay off all my debts
  • Give $10,000 each to family and friends
  • Set up scholarship / trust fun for nephew and best friend's baby
  • Quit job and open yarn store


Five places to run away to:

  • Why am I running away? If it is really bad I would go to my parents
  • Am I going somewhere fun? London and Edinburgh
  • Dream vacation? Alaska
  • Just for the weekend? To Lewes, DE to hang out with Kris
  • If I had a guy to run away with? St. Martin

Five things I would never wear:

Tough, I kinda wear anything . . .

  • Lizard or animal prints
  • Anything religious
  • A shrug - so unflattering on someone my size
  • Fake nails (I don't know if that counts as wearing)
  • Yellow or orange. I think I look awful in all shades


Five favorite TV shows:

I watch an enormous amount of TV so I am going to split this into still on air and off the air

Off air now:

  • Coupling
  • Twin Peaks
  • Sex in the City
  • Seignfield
  • Gidget

Still on Air:

  • Monk
  • Inuyasha
  • Mystery!
  • CSI
  • Scrubs

Five biggest joys:

  • Being praised. I love being told I did good.
  • Starting a new knitting project
  • Hanging out with my best friend and her baby
  • Laughing with friends
  • Eating a really good meal


Five favorite toys:

  • Knitting
  • DVR (Comcast's version of Tivo)
  • My car
  • My digital camera
  • CD burner



Five people to pass this on to:

I am not really sure how this is supposed to work and I don't really like chain letters. So I am gonna post the names of some blogger that I read and if they read this an want to join in, I would love to learn more about them.

Kristie at Breaching the Web

Yarn Girl

Nikki knits

Crafty Snargle

Vibegrrl

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Love the wedding pics. I just wanted to tell you about this cool message board for you and your knitter friends to get together and share patterns, knitting secrets and make friendships. See you there.
http://tightknitfriends.aimoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home